Landslide on State Route 178 in Lee County
An emergency project to repair a landslide on State Route 178 was awarded to Century Construction & Realty Inc. for $980,157. A portion of the highway between State Route 371 and Treeside Drive near Mooreville was closed after heavy rains saturated the shoulder slope and caused a landslide.
To repair the highway, MDOT drove piles along the slide to help stabilize the shoulder slope. Once the soil is stabilized, crews will repair the roadbed and apply a new lift of asphalt. A four-mile detour will remain in place from State Route 371 to Interstate 22 to Eason Boulevard throughout the duration of this emergency repair project.
Century Construction delivered heavy construction services for the Thompson CAT Sitework (Wallace Drive & Utilities) project in Belden Mississippi. The contract amount was $1,403,500 and included mass excavation, borrow fill, stonework, and drainage for the new 42,000 sq ft facility. The project included site utilities, soil-cement, and asphalt paving for the new 3/4 mile long road.
The Kings Crossing project included sitework and drainage in our Heavy Construction division. The contract amount was $805,540. The project included drainage and parking lot paving, driveway paving, and multiple buildings anchored by Kohl’s department store and up to 15 additional stores.
Century Construction Group served as the subcontractor to Worsham Brothers, Inc. for the Army Aviation Support Facility in Tupelo, Mississippi. The contract amount was $2,702,586 and included all necessary site work, utilities, and drainage for the new $30 million,105,000 square foot facility on 39 acres. The project also included mass excavation and grading work.
Century Construction delivered heavy construction services to the Smith County Landfill project in Carthage, Tennessee. The completion time was 6 months and the contract amount was $1,895,000 The Class 1 Wright Tract 2 project included:
• 150,000 cy of cell excavation
• 45,000 cy of clay liner and reconstructed buffer
• 25 tons of gravel drainage layer
• Includes leachate system and 7,000 sf of HDPE membrane & geocomposite drainage layer
Winston Medical Center Demolition
Century Construction provided demolition services for Winston Medical Center in Louisville, Mississippi. The contract amount was $804,967 and it included the following.
- Demolition of the existing hospital, nursing home wing A, outpatient services building, maintenance buildings, and medical clinic building.
- Demolition of paving, walks, retaining walls, site utilities, and storm drainage systems.
- Grading of the site to ensure positive drainage and compliance with SWPPP.
- Erosion controls as required by MDEQ.
- Construction and maintenance of a haul road for the project duration.
- Crushing and stockpiling of concrete, brick, and CMU.
- Demolition of foundations and below-grade construction and backfill/compaction of same as required to achieve smooth grade and positive drainage.
- Grading of entire demolition site Provide and install a new domestic water.