Assigned Foreman and Superintendent
Responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions.
- Select materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings.
- Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Work with prefabricated buildings.
- Build stairs, mantles, and furniture.
- Install cabinets and molding.
- Remodel homes and businesses.
- Create structures for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Build tunnel bracing.
- Build concrete forms for tunnel or sewer construction project.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Repair or build furniture.
- Install partitions, doors, and windows.
- Move and install machinery.
To perform he job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- 1+ years’ experience in finish carpentry
- Additional 1+ years’ experience in rough carpentry preferred
- Extensive knowledge of power tools, including skill saw, miter saw and jigsaw
- Possession of basic hand tools and reliable transportation to job sites
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time
- Capable of climbing on ladders and carrying at least 80 pounds
- Knowledge of lumber grades and countertop materials
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; reach, grasp, hold, with hands and arms; bend, kneel, squat, with legs and feet. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Weekends are required
- Travel is required for this position
- No Special license is required for this position.
Required Education and/or Experience
- At least 1-year experience in a construction environment
The Policy of our company is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran; and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to insure that applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, are not discriminated against due to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, I affirm that the above Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program executed simultaneously herewith reflect the Company’s attitude and its intention to:
Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Insure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats coercion or discrimination because they have; (1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an investigation, compliance review hearing or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring Equal Employment Opportunity; (3) opposed any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other right protected by federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The Company in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, maintains a written Affirmative Action Program. The Affirmative Action Program is maintained in the Human Resources Department and is made available to prospective employees and employees upon request, during normal business hours.
Overall responsibility for directing and implementing the policy enunciated herein and the Company’s Affirmative Action Program has been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as the Company’s Affirmative Action Officer. The day-to-day responsibilities have been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as EEO Officer.
All personnel actions will be analyzed to insure that the Equal Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program are being properly implemented and annual reports will be submitted to me so that I may monitor progress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.