Analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services by performing the following duties.
- Employee’s primary duty is the performance of office work directly related to the general business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers
- This job also requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitments to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Operate a computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget, manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Meets commitments
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively, Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; matches the reasonability to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Managing people – Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; improves processes, products and services.
- Cost consciousness – works within approved budget, develops and implements cost saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decision; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or positions, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and toughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly
- Attendance/punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours or work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent action and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantages or opportunities, asks for and offers help with needed.
- Innovative – Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggests for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are:
Monday 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday – Friday 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Occasional travel may be required; a Motor Vehicle Report will be run if travel is ever expected.
- No Special license is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years minimum project management experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree [related field or construction science preferred]
- More than 2 years on site and in office project management experience working on jobs from start to finish.
The Policy of our company is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran; and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to insure that applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, are not discriminated against due to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, I affirm that the above Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program executed simultaneously herewith reflect the Company’s attitude and its intention to:
Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Insure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats coercion or discrimination because they have; (1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an investigation, compliance review hearing or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring Equal Employment Opportunity; (3) opposed any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other right protected by federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The Company in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, maintains a written Affirmative Action Program. The Affirmative Action Program is maintained in the Human Resources Department and is made available to prospective employees and employees upon request, during normal business hours.
Overall responsibility for directing and implementing the policy enunciated herein and the Company’s Affirmative Action Program has been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as the Company’s Affirmative Action Officer. The day-to-day responsibilities have been assigned to the HR Manager at (662) 823-5166, who serves as EEO Officer.
All personnel actions will be analyzed to insure that the Equal Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program are being properly implemented and annual reports will be submitted to me so that I may monitor progress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.