Salary + Commission
The recruiting coordinator manages field, corporate office, and regular staffing needs from recruitment through orientation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee’s primary duty is the performance of office work directly related to the general business
- Develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels.
- Meets with managers to develop specific recruiting plans.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with community outreach, state department of employment services, and employment agencies as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Maintains employee and intern status until hire or no hire.
- Directs the efforts of employment agencies and search firms, including negotiating and controlling employment-related fees.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Provides information on company operations and job opportunities to potential applicants.
- Update job info boards
- Screens and interviews applicants. May provide initial screening to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements.
- Arranges travel and lodging for applicants, if necessary.
- Conducts reference and background checks for regular as well as DOT employees.
- Develops and conducts training programs for managers with a goal of improving recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reducing turnover.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring and statistics.
- Maintains records on recruiting activities as required.
- Participates in development of annual recruiting budget.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Business Acumen.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position; days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
- At least a 4-year degree in a related field
- At least one year of HR assistant or recruiting assistant experience
- Each year of experience may substitute for each year of education required
The Policy of our company is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran; and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, are not discriminated against due to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, I affirm that the above Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program executed simultaneously herewith reflect the Company’s attitude and its intention to:
- Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
- Insure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats coercion or discrimination because they have; (1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an investigation, compliance review hearing or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring Equal Employment Opportunity; (3) opposed any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other right protected by federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The Company in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, maintains a written Affirmative Action Program. The Affirmative Action Program is maintained in the Human Resources Department and is made available to prospective employees and employees upon request, during normal business hours.
Overall responsibility for directing and implementing the policy enunciated herein and the Company’s Affirmative Action Program has been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as the Company’s Affirmative Action Officer. The day-to-day responsibilities have been assigned to the HR Manager, who serves as EEO Officer.
All personnel actions will be analyzed to insure that the Equal Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program are being properly implemented and annual reports will be submitted to me so that I may monitor progress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.