Operates PBX or multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties
- Employee’s primary duty is the performance of office work directly related to the general business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers
- This job also requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines natures of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mails, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Takes payments for services and products.
- Prepares travel vouchers.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating
- Operate a computer and word processing software and other standard office equipment.
- Type accurately at a speed necessary to meet the requirements of the position.
- Interpret, apply, explain and reach sound decisions in accordance with laws, regulations, rules and policies.
- Communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
- Manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; keeps commitments
- Initiative – Volunteers readily seeks increased responsibilities.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
Days and hours of work are:
Monday 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Occasional travel may be required; a Motor Vehicle Report will be run if travel is ever expected.
- No Special license is required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training/ or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in on-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MAS 90, Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft word processing software.
The Policy of our company is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran; and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to insure that applicants and employees covered under Executive Order 11246, as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, are not discriminated against due to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
As President and Chief Executive Officer, I affirm that the above Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program executed simultaneously herewith reflect the Company’s attitude and its intention to:
- Recruit, hire, train and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
- Insure that all other personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, terminations, company-sponsored training, educational tuition assistance and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats coercion or discrimination because they have; (1) filed a complaint; (2) assisted or participated in an investigation, compliance review hearing or any other activity related to the administration of any federal, state or local law requiring Equal Employment Opportunity; (3) opposed any act or practice made unlawful by any federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity; or (4) exercised any other right protected by federal, state or local law requiring equal opportunity.
The Company in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, maintains a written Affirmative Action Program. The Affirmative Action Program is maintained in the Human Resources Department and is made available to prospective employees and employees upon request, during normal business hours.
Overall responsibility for directing and implementing the policy enunciated herein and the Company’s Affirmative Action Program has been assigned to Andrea Herring, who serves as the Company’s Affirmative Action Officer. The day-to-day responsibilities have been assigned to Andrea Herring (662) 823-5166, who serves as EEO Officer.
All personnel actions will be analyzed to insure that the Equal Opportunity Policy and the Affirmative Action Program are being properly implemented and annual reports will be submitted to me so that I may monitor progress.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.